CDC resources for ME/CFS

• I'm not sure how new this is, but I recently learnt about this collection of resources about ME/CFS produced by the Center for Disease Control & Prevention in the US: https://www.cdc.gov/me-cfs/index.html

I think this is very significant given the high profile of the CDC during the pandemic. I do have some criticisms of the info, mainly that their list of common comorbidities (which I can't find right now for some reason) mentions things like anxiety and depression but makes absolutely no mention of autonomic dysfunction or hypermobility disorders.

Nevertheless I think they've made a really good start, with a wealth of useful resources for both patients and healthcare providers, and having a reference to COVID right on the front page may help people understand the seriousness of ME/CFS.

• Community Moderator

That's a great link @river - and it's very welcome to see the CDC coming around - as you well say, it's hugely influential, and hopefully a sign that the writing is no the wall for the (well-dunked) psychosocial approach to treating ME/CFS. Agree they're not all the way there yet, but it's a great start.